Last updated August 25, 2022
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
As we explain in more detail below, we collect information about you (“personal information“) in three main ways: (1) directly from you when you provide it to us; (2) automatically when you use certain Services, including the Platform; and (3) from others when we ask them for it.
Information You Provide to Us
When you download, register with, access or use the Platform or other Services, or otherwise contact us and provide us with feedback, we may ask you to provide certain information to us through various forms, features or other means. Such information may include any of the following:
- information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, email address, organization name, role within the organization, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personally identifiable information“); and
- information about you that does not identify you personally, such as the types of products you are interested in, or other similar types of information that you provide as answers to questions in the Platform’s programs (“non-personally identifiable information“).
Information We Automatically Collect
The Platform incorporates features and functions that are administered by our third-party service providers, who may automatically collect certain information about how you access and interact with our Services (“usage information“). Such information may include any of the following:
- information about how you access our Services, such as the operating system, hardware model, application or browser type and version, and unique identifiers associated with your device (“device information“);
- information we automatically collect in system logs or similar files about how you interact with our Services, such as which features you visit or click on, or other information like your Internet Protocol (“IP“) address, browser or device configuration, date and time of access, and cookie information (“log information“); and
- information like your IP address or other device information or log information to estimate your location (e.g., your city or state) (“location information“). We may also request to use location-enabled services on your device (which typically provide GPS or Wi-Fi access point details) to enhance our Services. However, we will only use these location-enabled services on your device with your consent.
We and our third-party service providers may use various technologies to collect and store usage information in connection with our Services, including cookies, browser web storage (e.g., HTML5), web beacons, and similar technologies.
The Platform is built on the Softr.io web-app building platform and incorporates functions and features from other third-party service providers, including: Google Analytics, Stripe, WordPress, Airtable, Jotform, and others (collectively, our “Third-Party Providers“).
Financial information may be collected, processed, and used via Stripe. For more information regarding the use, collection, processing, and storage of your information by Stripe, please see Stripe Privacy Center.
The Platform is hosted by WordPress. For more information regarding the use, collection, processing, and storage of your information by WordPress, please see WordPress Privacy.
The Platform uses Airtable to manage and store data. For more information regarding the use, collection, processing, and storage of your information by AirTable, please see AirTable Privacy.
The Platform incorporates forms to collect information using Jotform. For more information regarding the use, collection, processing, and storage of your information by Jotform, please see Jotform Privacy.
Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may also collect information from our Third-Party Providers or other companies or third parties, such as when you sync a third party account or service with the Platform or when we use a service to supplement the information you give us (e.g., validate your mailing address) to help us maintain the accuracy of your data and provide you with better Services.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use personally identifiable information we collect in the following ways:
- to provide you with products, services or information that you request;
- to send you important information regarding the Platform and other Services, or changes to our terms, conditions, and policies (because this information may be important to your use of the Platform and other Services, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications);
- to inform you of products, programs, services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you (if you would prefer that we do not send such email marketing messages to you, please see the “Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information” section below);
- to fulfill your purchases;
- to conduct internal research;and
- for our internal business purposes, such as data analysis and audits.
We process personally identifiable information on our servers and on servers operated by our Third-Party Providers that may be located in different countries around the world, including on servers located outside the country where you live.
Because non-personally identifiable information and de-identified usage information does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to disclose such non-personally identifiable information and de-identified usage information to third parties, for any purpose.
In some instances, we may combine non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information. If we combine non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information so that it personally identifies you, the combined information will be treated by us as personally identifiable information as long as it is combined.
When We Share the Information We Collect
We may disclose information about you to affiliated and non-affiliated third parties.
We may disclose the information that we collect to our affiliated companies to provide the Services you request, to enhance our Services to better suit your needs, for research purposes, and from time to time for marketing purposes.
We may partner or collaborate with other companies to offer you products or services, to fulfill the products or services that you order, and for research purposes. We may disclose the information that we collect to such third-party partners or collaborators for the purposes described in this Policy.
We work with our Third-Party Providers and other third parties who provide services including but not limited to data analysis, list enhancement and other administrative services. We may disclose the information that we collect to such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide services to us. Such services may include: marketing distribution, email list management services, advertising, certain product functionalities, customer support, web hosting, customer data management and enhancement, research and surveys, data analysis and email service.
We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect to an affiliate or a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or membership interests (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Law Enforcement; Emergencies; Compliance; Other Purposes Permitted by Law
Aggregate, Non-Personal, or De-identified Information
With Your Consent
We may otherwise share your personal information with third parties with your consent.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personally identifiable information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
Tracking Technologies; Do Not Track Signals
Because we do not track you over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you. Your internet browser may allow you to set the DNT signal so that third parties know you do not want to be tracked.
Your internet browser or device settings may allow you to choose whether or not to share location information. If you block the use of location information, some parts of the Platform may not function properly.
Promotion by the Company
If you do not want us to use your email address information to promote our own or our affiliates’ products or services, you can opt-out for free by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not want us to share your personally identifiable information with companies that we partner with or collaborate with to offer you products or services, to fulfill the products or services that you order, for research purposes, or for marketing purposes, you can opt-out for free by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
There are steps that you can take to safeguard your information. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Platform. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
A Special Notice Regarding Individuals Under 18 Years Old
The Platform are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that such individuals not provide personally identifiable information or personal financial information through the Platform. If you are under 13 years of age, you may browse the Platform; however, you may not provide personally identifiable information or personal financial information to us such as name, address, or email address, and you may not register for, enroll in, and/or make product purchases. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.