Empower teachers to reach full potential through effective professional development.
Teaching Matters was approved for the PLPG in February 2022.
The "Types of support we offer" and "Our curriculum expertise" are evaluated and approved by Rivet Education; all other information is self-reported. We recommend that you confirm details with each partner directly.
Who we are
Our curriculum expertise
Rivet Education approved
- EL Education Grades 6-8 Language Arts Curriculum (Second Edition) (2019)
- EL Education K-5 Language Arts (2017)
- Expeditionary Learning (2016)
- Imagine Learning EL Education 6-8 Language Arts (2020)
- Imagine Learning EL Education K-5 Language Arts (2019)
- Into Reading (2020)
- Imagine Learning Illustrative Mathematics 6-8 Math (2019)
- Imagine Learning Illustrative Mathematics 9-12 (2019)
- Kendall Hunt's Illustrative Mathematics 6-8 Math (2019)
- Kendall Hunt's Illustrative Mathematics Traditional (2019)
- Open Up Resources 6-8 Math (2017)
- enVision Mathematics Common Core (2020)
51-75% are non-white
Where we work
We have worked here
We are also willing to work here
Types of districts that we have experience working with
- Traditional District
- Fewer than 2,500 students
- 2,500 to 10,000 students
- 10,000 to 50,000 students
- 50,000 to 100,000 students
- More than 100,000 students
- Greater than 60% of economically disadvantaged students
- Greater than 20% of English language learners
- Greater than 20% of students with disability
- Greater than 80% students of color
This partner's approach and services
How we address equity
How we build district capacity
How we provide curriculum-aligned PL
Teaching Matters designs workshops that actively engage teachers in learning the content, pedagogy, assessment practices, and planning tools necessary for effective implementation of a high quality curriculum. Workshops are designed to equip teachers with the knowledge and skills needed to immediately apply what they have learned to improve practice.
Grounded in research on effective teacher professional development, Teaching Matters works with individuals or groups of teachers to improve instructional practice and content expertise through structured, student-centered coaching cycles. We partner with teachers to achieve targeted student outcomes by improving teachers’ practice in a collaborative, evidence-based partnership.
Teaching Matters builds capacity at your school or district to sustain impactful professional learning by fostering collaboration and developing teachers to lead high-functioning professional learning communities (PLCs). We support PLCs to engage in disciplined inquiry, to foster continuous improvement of HQIM implementation, in alignment with professional learning goals.
Teaching Matters consults directly with school leaders to support implementation of high quality instructional materials. We begin with a comprehensive needs assessment, resulting in a common understanding of student achievement and the most pressing needs for students and teachers. Then, we craft detailed action plans aligned with the identified needs.