Developer of standards-aligned math curriculum and high-quality professional learning offerings
Illustrative Mathematics was approved for the PLPG in July 2023.
The "Types of support we offer" and "Our curriculum expertise" are evaluated and approved by Rivet Education; all other information is self-reported. We recommend that you confirm details with each partner directly.
Who we are
Our curriculum expertise
Rivet Education approved
We are the author/publisher
- Imagine Learning Illustrative Mathematics 6-8 Math (2019)
- Imagine Learning Illustrative Mathematics 9-12 (2019)
- Kendall Hunt's Illustrative Mathematics 6-8 Math (2019)
- Kendall Hunt's Illustrative Mathematics Traditional (2019)
- McGraw-Hill Illustrative Mathematics 6-8 Math (2020)
11-25% are non-white
Where we work
We have worked here
We are also willing to work here
Types of districts that we have experience working with
- Traditional District
- Fewer than 2,500 students
- 2,500 to 10,000 students
- 10,000 to 50,000 students
- 50,000 to 100,000 students
- More than 100,000 students
- Greater than 60% of economically disadvantaged students
- Greater than 20% of English language learners
- Greater than 20% of students with disability
- Greater than 80% students of color
This partner's approach and services
How we address equity
Equity is an outcome of IM’s PL through opportunities to reflect on beliefs and experience tools for providing access to problem-based instruction for all learners. Some of the tools highlighted are Universal Design for Learning, Math Language Routines, and using launches and contexts to enact culturally responsive teaching practices.
How we build district capacity
How we provide curriculum-aligned PL
IM offers virtual 2-hour and onsite 3-hour workshops. For K–5, sessions are split K–2 and 3–5; onsite, each participant experiences a half-day. For 6–8 and 9–12, morning workshops are followed by afternoon application.
Typically, participants engage in a common experience. After synthesizing, participants apply their learning to an upcoming lesson.
IM offers facilitated unit planning and PLC sessions, and resources for local facilitators to lead sessions in their districts. Materials for PLCs include a variety of structures focused on different problems of practice. Unit planning sessions include materials for leaders and activities for teachers studying the unit.