Differentiated comprehensive professional learning turning district goals into student achievement
BetterLesson was approved for the PLPG in February 2023.
The "Types of support we offer" and "Our curriculum expertise" are evaluated and approved by Rivet Education; all other information is self-reported. We recommend that you confirm details with each partner directly.
Who we are
Our curriculum expertise
Rivet Education approved
- EL Education Grades 6-8 Language Arts Curriculum (Second Edition) (2019)
- Imagine Learning EL Education 6-8 Language Arts (2020)
- Imagine Learning EL Education K-5 Language Arts (2019)
- Odell Education High School Literacy Program (2020)
- Imagine Learning Illustrative Mathematics 6-8 Math (2019)
- Imagine Learning Illustrative Mathematics 9-12 (2019)
- Kendall Hunt's Illustrative Mathematics 6-8 Math (2019)
- Kendall Hunt's Illustrative Mathematics Traditional (2019)
- Open Up Resources 6-8 Math (2017)
- OpenSciEd (2017)
Certifications we've received
11-25% are non-white
Where we work
We have worked here
We are also willing to work here
Types of districts that we have experience working with
- Traditional District
- Fewer than 2,500 students
- 2,500 to 10,000 students
- 10,000 to 50,000 students
- 50,000 to 100,000 students
- More than 100,000 students
- Greater than 60% of economically disadvantaged students
- Greater than 20% of English language learners
- Greater than 20% of students with disability
- Greater than 80% students of color
This partner's approach and services
Sample scopes of work
How we address equity
How we build district capacity
Observational Learning Walks
Curriculum Adoption and Implementation Support
On-Demand Asynchronous Course
Our learning experiences are designed to support educators to backwards plan to ensure full coverage of grade level standards, alignment to evidence based best practices, and support for all students. The offerings also include strategies for frequent progress monitoring. BetterLesson is committed to supporting all educators to use HQIMs to ensure that all students have opportunities to routinely engage in rigorous learning activities.
How we provide curriculum-aligned PL
BetterLesson Workshops connect cohort of educators, virtually or in-person, to work together to deeply understand topics aligned to strategic goals. Led by expert BL Coaches, Workshops reinforce key pedagogical theories, introduce new strategies and HQIM for instructional practice, help integrate new curricula and introduce learning models to try in classrooms.
BetterLesson's 1:1 job-embedded, virtual coaching offers a flexible, personalized experience that addresses educators' individual needs. Coaching provides educators of all levels with the opportunity to connect in a safe and confidential environment with a trusted expert to address the most pressing challenges facing their schools and students.
BetterLesson Coaches create and facilitate safe and collaborative spaces to support groups of educators to think, reflect, discuss, and share ideas about common problems of practice. These spaces are reflective and action oriented with clear goals and outcomes.
BL Learning Walks builds leader capacity with focused, non-evaluative frameworks to support school leaders in identifying strengths and gaps while empowering leaders with strategies that are easy to use, replicate, and are highly effective. Connecting leaders to teacher practice, this service engages educators in whole school improvement and systemic change.